Mark and I had plans to "redo" our carribean vacation as they gave us a voucher since we left early due to bad weather last time. We were all packed up and ready to go until we checked the weather. Would you believe they were expecting rain and flooding while we would be there? Yup, so we canceled our plans yet again.
We had much better weather staying here in good ol' Buffalo than Jamaica was having. I think we had a better time here than we would have had schleping around in the rain anyway. Ama and Uppa were already coming up to watch Amelia. So we made the most of some family time and some getaway time.
Friday we went strawberry picking. If we hadn't stayed home we wouldnt have gotten to go this year since the season is ending early due to the warm winter. Amelia was very excited to go
pick strawberries. She just kept repeating
pick, pick. And pick she did...
 |
| Such a good helper she was. |
 |
| I think I should test this one first! |
 |
| We picked 8 Quarts of berries. |
Amelia was running around her usual mock speed all day Friday. She played in the sanbox and her new water table, an early birthday present form Papa Mike and Leona. She had a great time not only getting herself wet, but anyone within her left hooks' reach.
 |
| Who me? Throw water at you? Never.... |
She must have been pretty pooped from Friday because not long after she got up Saturday morning she was napping in Ama's arms.
 |
| So peaceful |
Mark and I headed to Canandaigua lake to an Inn on the lake for an overnight to help mourn our once again lost vacation. Never underestimate the power of the weekend getaway. I felt so relaxed after just a few hours of being there. The weather was perfect, the lake beautiful and there was a wedding going on with a great band, so we had free live entertainment. Honestly I didnt even miss Jamaica.
 |
| The view from the dock with the super comfy Adirondack chairs |
On Sunday morning we headed over to the local Wegmans for a fathers day breakfast. I ahve been to numerous Wegmans, and yet I was so impressed with this one I was taking pictures like a tourist. In addition to the usual prepared foods section with a kitchen bigger than a restaurants', they have a gorgeous covered outdoor patio with a wine bar, beer on tap and live Jazz. Obviously, none of this was available for breakfast, except the patio that is. I felt like I was at a resort it was so nice.
 |
| It looks like we are having room service on a patio |
 |
| The view from our table...mind you this is a grocery store!!! |
After breakfast we headed back home to spend the rest of Fathers Day with Amelia, Barb and Tom. Tom and Barb had already gone to the grocery store and bought everything for an amazing dinner on the grill. All in all it was a very realxing weekend. Much more relaxing than traveling flooded back roads in Jamaica wondering if we would make it home.
 |
| The proud dads kicking back and relaxing |
 |
| There she is! The highlight of Fathers Day:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment