Monday, May 23, 2011

Gone Hikin'

Amelia went for her first hike this weekend. We took a trip over to the Eternal Falls Flame in Orchard Park. This is really a neat thing to see. You hike through a fairly steep gorge and then upstream through a great deal of shale. At the end is a 30 foot waterfall with a gas seam behind the falls and a lit flame.
Amelia was giggling the whole way down. Her favorite thing is to be outside. Lately she gets giddy when I simply open the door to let the dogs out. She didnt seen so impressed with the flame however. Oh well, perhaps in a few more years.

Here we are at the start of the hike, she looks pysched


Family photo midway down, Amelia is mid feet kicking and laughing



The Eternal Flame
I wish I had taken some photos of the steep descent, but I was being respsonsible and spotting Mark as he was carrying Amelia. Its amazing how long it takes to hike with a baby! Not necessarily because its extra weight, but because you are so paranoid of slipping that you move at a snails pace. Dont get the wrong idea here we were perfectly safe.
Anyway...Amelia must have been inspired by all of the climbing. The next day she climbed right up the step from the family room to the kitchen. She has been trying to do this for weeks now.


Here she goes!  I have a feeling making dinner may get trickier
  


No comments:

Post a Comment