Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Play Hard, Work Harder

This past Friday was the graduation dinner for the orthopedic residents. This means Mark and I get to get all spiffed up and have an adult night out! This year it was right down the street at one of the local country clubs. I was pretty grateful for that since we didnt leave until 10:30, thats pretty late for me these days! After all, no matter when we go to bed, we still have to get up when Amelia does. It's like they say...life will never be the same.


Mark is looking petty dapper in his tux!

Saturday morning also brought a long needed home improvement project...refininshing the deck. Another reason to get home at a decent hour. Mark and Tom pretty much slaved over this all weekend and into Monday. There were four layers of paint that had to be removed. I'm sure you can imagine the fun that lay ahead.  Heres a shot of the deck in the process of stripping it.

I'm not sure if Mark is praying or stretching....
 Amelia had alot of fun watching all the activity outside through the door .

Playing patty cake through the door
After a grueling day of stripping the deck in the rain, Sunday was nice and sunny just in time for priming and painting the deck. I must say we really lucked out with the weather. It was beautiful Sunday and Monday and then rained Monday night about 10 hours after the painting was finished.

The deck stripped and half primed
 While all this blood sweat and tears was taking place out back, Amelia was hanging out looking cute as ever on the front lawn entertaing Barb. I cant seem to get her to wear any type of hat, but she was quite taken with Barb's sunglasses.


Do I look cool or what?

Alas! The deck is finished! Looks amazing, cant wait to get all our flowers out there now


No comments:

Post a Comment