Monday, September 10, 2012

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things....

You know how they say kids go through "food jags"? Well I think Amelia has the equivalent of that in her everyday likes and dislikes. The past weekend she has been on a serious kick for a few things.

It all started with the ruffle skirt, and really who can blame her? If I could pull this off I would totally be wearing this too! My neighbors are going to think she owns nothing else as she demands to wear it every morning.



Ever since we went for our hike Amelia has been very interested in backpacks. She likes to wear my diaper bag around the house. Another one of her jags is a little toy puppy. You know the one from Fisher Price that has been around for ages and moves its ears when its pulled by a string? She LOVES to take Wags, thats his name, for walks:)

Hmmm, whats missing here??? Um pants! pants!
We are going through our same dislike of pants as we did last years when the mornings were a little cooler. She's no dummy. Shes been  sporting shorts, dresses and skirts for months. WHY would she want to wear pants??

Notice the headband? This is the latest craze of hers. I found it in her drawer, bought it months ago. Absolutely no interest in it then.  I think she's so into it now because I have a pink headband I run with. And what little girl doesnt want to be like her mommy?

Another headband shot....and PANTS!!!! One small victory for me
And lastly, Amelia has discovered other Amelia, which is her shadow. This is just the most fun thing ever. She runs around asking where'd Amelia go?? Where's other Amelia. Frankly I was pretty impressed with myself when she woke up from a nap and asked where she went and I figured it out. By the end of today she progressed to I wanna go outside and see Amelia's shadow! Yup, she's speaking in full on sentences.....Amazing!

Admiring her shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment